UPDATE: minutes from the July meeting can be downloaded here: JQNF Minutes 2 July 2018
Your fellow residents at the Jewellery Quarter Neighbourhood Forum (JQNF) would be delighted to see you at an Open Meeting
Date: Monday 2nd July Time: 6:30 – 8:30pm (inc optional tour of the building) Location: The Hive Cafe & Bakery, New Standard Works, Vittoria Street, Birmingham B1 3PE Refreshments (tea, coffee, and biscuits) provided.
1) Police update : Sgt Ashcroft gives an update on crime in the area and will field questions
2) Volunteering opportunities for JQ residents : a chance to hear from various organisations about how you can contribute to the vibrant life of the Jewellery Quarter – JQ Museums (inc: Coffin Works, Museum of the JQ, Pen Museum, RBSA) – JQ Festival – Townscape Heritage – Adopt a Canal, with the Canal & River Trust
3) Clean Air Zone : awareness raising about Birmingham City Council’s consultation on the Clean Air Zone (which incorporates the Jewellery Quarter). Please note: this is an agenda item is to raise awareness of the consultation; we do not have anyone presenting formally on this topic
4) Air your views : a general conversation about the JQ and issues you are facing, or concerns you may have
5) A tour of the New Standard Works (optional) : a chance to have a look around the development of New Standard WorksMinutes from April’s meeting are here: JQNF Minutes 17 April 2018 JQNF is an independent voice for residents, a group of volunteers doing what we can to help make the Quarter the best possible place to live. (Image is from a lovely article in The Hockley Flyer, which gives a great overview of the development at NSW)