A weekend of events that celebrate the diversity and creativity of the Jewellery Quarter is taking place in July at the first JQ Festival.
Organised by the Jewellery Quarter Business Improvement District (JQBID), the festival will officially mark the opening of The Golden Square.
- It will feature the first ever Jewellery Quarter Open Studios, which will give visitors the chance to go behind the scenes of some of the most inspired work-spaces and experience the wide variety of creative work that takes place across the Quarter.
- As part of this fun-filled event, you can take a look at some of the brilliant industries that have their home here, including graphic designers, sculptors, glass makers and etchers, film makers, photographers, jewellery makers, game designers, and 3D printers.
- There will also be a whole host of family- friendly activities, including a walkabout puppet act, helter-skelter, photo booths, face painting and workshops, plus plenty of free outdoor performances, featuring musicians, bands, theatre and dance troupes, at The Golden Square and St Paul’s Square.
- The JQ Grand Bazaar event will bring together vintage and crafts, while JQ StrEAT Market will showcase the best of the quarter’s independent food scene.
- JQBID has also invited the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) to host an Ask An Architect stall on the Golden Square
- Jazz fans will also be well catered for when Birmingham Jazz premiere their Jazz Legends programme, which will feature performances by more than a dozen international jazz artists and bands across a number of locations across the quarter, all of which can be found here.
- Guided tours will give you the chance to learn about the history of this fascinating area, while beer lovers can enjoy our CAMRA-endorsed Real Ale Trail.
- And if you haven’t visited the museums in the JQ, the festival will give you the perfect excuse. The Pen Museum is to hold calligraphy classes and you can enjoy a tea party at the historic Coffin Works. J.W Evans Silver factory is also opening on Sunday 19th
View the Festival Programme by clicking here
For the latest updates on the JQ Festival please follow @JQBID on Twitter and join in the conversation with #JQFestival. You can also subscribe to the newsletter by dropping emailing at email@example.com.